Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy Birthday, Delaney!


Delaney is celebrating her 10th birthday! I truly can't believe she's entered the double digit phase. She's growing into quite the young lady. When I tucked her into bed last night she asked me to tell her the story of when we first met. I distinctly remember being at Jeff's dinner table with Delaney and Max whizzing around, and they were totally oblivious to me and how we'd change each other's lives. My how time flies.

Delaney was so excited by her many fabulous presents! Her grandparents spoiled her with tons of fabulous gifts, including a CD player, books galore, a pretty dress, a music box and turtle earrings. Jeff & I bought her some clothes and a Wii fit! She desperately wanted the Wii Fit which surprised me at first...it seemed like an odd request for a kid. But she liked the hula hoop and snowboarding game. I think it'll be fun for the whole family. As I blog, Jeff just stepped on the Wii board. It flashed that he's overweight and his fitness age is 52! Wow. We've got lots of work to do.
Anyway, it's cake and ice cream for tonight in celebration of Delaney's life. We love her.

No comments: