Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cake, Games, etc.


First off, here's a picture of my latest cake creation. Not my best, but I learned how to make 3-D clowns with icing...and I learned how to "stripe" a pastry bag and make a tie-dyed effect on a cake. Fun, fun, fun! Speaking of which, I'm looking at the activities we can enroll the kids in this summer, and I'm thinking Jeff & I could use some more activity in our lives, too! I want to sign us up for boating--learning knots, sailing techniques, water safety, etc.--but it's so time intensive, I've got second thoughts.

Secondly, anyone who knows Jeff knows that he loves games. An evening at our house isn't complete without playing a good board game. I was upset that Jeff won last night when we had our friends Bryson and Danell over, but he and I have been waging a war against each other by playing a German-imported game called Elasund. There's a thematic connection between Settlers and Elasund but the mechanics of the game are entirely different. It's highly competitive and the most fun two-player game. What's not fun is when you lose twice in a row that I did! I've got to beat my husband!
I apologize for not blogging often. I need to take more pictures and updates of the kids. Life has been very busy...I've applied to be a volunteer chaplain at a local hospital and am researching service opportunities for my radio station. Between concerts, station events and the kids, I'm very sleep-deprived but it's worth the work!

No comments: