Saturday, March 6, 2010

Running the Race


Today I made the first step out of my comfort zone and into Shoe Carnival. I know my stuff when it comes to heels. But with running shoes? I'm clueless. So I called on a dear friend (Jada, I love you!) to help me decode some sneaker lingo. I turned in my 2006 Nike's to "Ms. All-Weather Marathon Runner" and she examined the anatomy of my shoes to point me to a pair best suited for my soles. I left the store laced up with my new lavender Asics. I was so psyched, I even hopped over to a nearby clothing store and bought myself a running outfit! Shhhh...don't tell my husband!
I can't wait to start training for the Steamboat Classic this summer. I realize in the grand scheme of life, this may not be a big deal to you. But for a slug like me, it's a lot to commit to training for a 4K race. I'm excited to challenge my body in a new way, make new friends, and whiz through scenic routes throughout the River City. Now if only spring will get here...

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Just a note, the Steamboat Classic is a four-mile race rather than a 4K.

Good Luck in training.