Saturday, March 13, 2010

From All My Girls...to All My Sons

"There's a special place in hell for women who don't help other women."--Madeleine Albright (thanks to my friend, Jada, who shared this brilliant quote)
Sharing heart to hearts with ladies at the "Hearts at Home" conference pumped a thousand endorphins in this little brain of mine. There's something incredibly powerful about women banding together in support of one another, swapping stories & hugs, shedding tears, and loving the Lord together. Thank you, ladies, for stopping by the 91.5 WCIC booth to chat. I loved meeting each and every one of you...and especially you adoptive moms. Thanks for inviting me on your play dates. I can't wait to join the club!
Tonight the fun continued at the Peoria Players Theater where my husband and bonus son made their theatrical debut. My heart swelled with pride watching Jeff & Max perform in "All My Sons." (Forgive Jeff's corpse-like look...the stage makeup startles me every time)! I was thankful Jeff was cast for the part that DID NOT involve kissing another woman. A cat-fight could've broken out. I don't care if it's just acting. No one's touching my husband but me.
I'm blown away by Jeff's talent every time I see him onstage. At first I was nervous that the time investment involved in acting would hurt our marriage, being apart so much. But I've discovered that some time apart actually keeps the honeymoon from ending! I love that he has passions in life that don't involve me.
I hope your weekend was as fun and fulfilling as mine has been! Happy Spring forward day...

No comments: