Sunday, March 28, 2010

A night of firsts

"Will you sign my shoe?"
Come again?
"My shoe. Can you sign your name here?"
Well, that's a first. I felt like a rock star, ruining Matt's Converse high tops!
It was also my first time going to Winter Jam, the only place on earth you'll find over 9,000 screaming teens belting out lyrics to the the latest Christian songs. I'm still deaf--but the Newsboys made a new fan outta me. What do you think the odds are that Michael Tait would hire me to be his gopher? I'm submitting my resume this morning. I will fetch his water, make him the best coffee ever, and empty his trash cans. The highlight of the concert for me was hands-down Michael belting out "Shine" followed by "Play That Funky Music!"
Thanks so much to all of you who stopped by the 91.5 WCIC booth to chat with me and Scott. You made our night with your encouraging words, hugs, and some of you had some off-the-wall things to say, too--and that's ok, we still love you!
It's one of those nights where I feel blessed to have such an awesome job! Rock on, everyone!

No comments: