Monday, January 11, 2010

Top Ten Games

Just about every night, my family clears the dinner table and lays out a board game. We flip off all the electronic devices in our home to take time to connect and enjoy each other's company without the distractions of our digital age. The kids call their Daddy the "Game King" because he's always up for a board game--but he's suspect if they're not imported from Germany. "Rio Grande" games are his favorite...you won't catch him playing monopoly.
In the past year, I've gotten quite a few requests to recommend my favorite family games. So I thought I'd list them here if you'd like to check them out. Also as I type this, Delaney is peering over my shoulder, insisting that I pretty please post this picture of her in my robe. She wants a blog, too, she says. We'll see about that...

#1) Settlers of Catan (Jeff's all-time favorite)
#2) Dominion (Max votes for this one)
#3) Agricola (I enjoy this one...it involves farming)
#4) Bonanza (the bean game! Great party game)
#5) San Juan (Jeff & I play this all the time)
#6) Notre Dame (Delaney's vote)
#7) For Sale (the kids could play this one over and over)
#8) Princes of Florence (Jeff likes playing this w/his brothers)
#9) Elasund (a great two-player strategy game)
#10) Ticket to Ride (another kid vote)

No comments: