Sunday, May 31, 2009

Lions, Tigers and Bears...Oh My!


Last night we took the kids to the "Ringling Bros. & Barnum and Baily Circus." The first thing Jeff said as we entered the arena was, "No one's getting cotton candy! It's $10!" Seriously...the concessions were double what you'd pay at Disneyland...but the kids had such a blast...it really was a spectacular show. I was skeptical at first because I'm not a fan of clowns or watching tamed animals parade in a circle. But some of the acts were amazing...the sequined acrobats were stunning...my palms were sweaty watching them fly...My favorite stunt was the motorcyclists locked in a globe and spinning around with perfect rhythm so they didn't ram into each other. Amazing!

The most fun part of the show was turning around to see the kids' awed expressions over the animals and acts...Max loved the contortionists and elephants and tigers...Laney asked how someone is able to get a job at the circus! She thinks it would be fun. I wondered that, too...

No comments: