Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Best Stay-Cation


Jeff whisked me away this weekend to the Windy City. It was FABULOUS! We ate dinner at my favorite restaurant, Cafe Ba Ba Reeba (if you love tapas, this is the place to be)...and we saw the most visually stunning play I've ever seen--The Rose and the Rime. It was playing at the House Theater in Chicago...It was like spending the night in a snow globe, with joyous characters portraying the myth that anything powerful enough to fulfill your dreams is powerful enough to destroy them.

Speaking of dreams, check out my McDreamy Husband to the right...I'm kicking myself for not bringing my camera along our walk to Navy Pier. If you get a chance to go to Chicago this summer, you've got to check out Crystal Gardens. The six-story glass atrium features palm trees, fountains, and tropical plants galore. Not to mention the incredible Chicago skyline to take in. And the tulips are in full bloom along the Magnificent Mile. It's gorgeous.
But most of all, it was the thrill of my life to spend quality time with the most attentive husband in the world. It's still a struggle for me to be thousands of miles away from my family...But my every day has a touch of magic because he showers me with such love and joy. And on special getaways like this one, I'm more reminded of that than ever.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I think Jeff is cute..............

Aunt Jackie