Thursday, November 12, 2009

Merry LEGO Christmas!

I know we just wrapped up Halloween and now Thanksgiving's on the horizon... so maybe Christmas still seems pretty far away. But not for Max and Delaney! They were thrilled to tear open a box from their "Hawaii grandparents" with the 2009 Lego City Advent Calendar inside. My parents send them one every winter...it's a ton of fun for them to create a holiday scene made of legos for the season. Starting December 1st, they can open one window at a time which contains a Lego surprise they can assemble. With the 257 pieces included, the set includes the LEGO City equipment, mini-figures, a Christmas tree with decorations, etc. I mentioned this on the radio last year and a couple listeners asked where to purchase it. I know you can buy it on Amazon.com if you're interested...but I hear it sells out early because Lego doesn't make many of them.
Anyway, I just wanted to share a fun little Christmas tradition my parents have created for the kids for the past three years.

2 comments:

Amy Talcott said...

My kids LOVE this calendar; however, we did have to create a schedule as to who opened what door on what day. Some of the Lego treasures were "cooler" than others - God forbid one of them got something better than the other!!! :)

Dawn said...

www.lego.com It's there too!

One of the gifts my oldest son loved the most was the "Brickmaster" package. It is an ongoing gift where you receive a new mini Lego every 2 months, plus a catalog, an idea book, plus some bonus items like passwords to special online places at the Lego web site.